Section Head's Message
The Automobile Engineering course is a four-year program with an intake of 60 students per year. Automobile Engineering is an exciting option available for Bachelor’s level study and is an allied branch of Mechanical Engineering.
Automobile Engineering involves the understanding of the mechanics of vehicle chassis, internal combustion engine, electrical and electronic systems and motor transport, workshop technology, research and design, computer aided design and development, manufacturing and maintenance of automobile components etc. Precision, efficiency, durability, adaptability in materials that go into production and manufacture of automobiles, design and innovation in the development of new cars and automobiles are challenges that qualified automobile engineers with the specialized backgrounds counter with great ease.
Our course helps to acquire a strong foundation in Automobile Engineering as it is connected to vehicles design and development, with emphasis given to the use of present day analytical and Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) strategies. Our student teams participate in national and international motor car making competitions like SAE BAJA, Mega ATV Championship, etc. and are consistently ranked among the top teams in Gujarat. The courses are designed to create engineers with strong modeling, experimental and design ability with excellent communication and team working skills.
I take this opportunity to invite all the Automobile Engineering aspirants to come and visit the college campus and see our human and technical infrastructure first hand!
Why should one pursue Automobile Engineering?
- The Indian Automobile Industry is one of the largest in the world. It manufactures 2.4 crore vehicles every year. India was ranked second largest manufacturer of two wheelers, fifth in commercial vehicles and fifth in passenger cars.
- Automobile Engineers have scope in many MNCs like Hyundai, Suzuki, BMW, Audi, Mercedes Benz, Ford, Fiat, Honda, Chevrolet, Toyota, Lamborghini, Jaguar, Eicher, TAFE, Mahindra, Tata, etc.
- Currently, Degree Engineers are employed in more than 3700 automobile manufacturing plants across India.
- Because of the Government’s push for ‘Make in India’, a lot of big automobile companies are expanding their manufacturing facilities in India.
- Government of Gujarat has rolled out 200 crore rupee funds for students to start their own companies. Automobile Engineering students with innovative ideas in Automobile Engineering can definitely avail the benefits.
- Gujarat is emerging as the hub for Automobile Engineering in India. We currently have plants of some of the biggest companies like Tata Motors, General Motors, Suzuki and Ford. This ensures plenty of job opportunities for Automobile Engineering students.
- With the world’s biggest electric vehicle manufacturer TESLA entering Indian market, there will be plenty of innovative job opportunities for Degree Engineers. TESLA pays more than 1 crore rupees starting package to deserving Automobile Engineers.
- Do you want to enter a company at a junior level and stay there for all your life? By completing Automobile Engineering, you make yourself available for higher positions in a company.
- Do you want to start your career with only INR 5,000 – INR 10,000 job or do you want to start your career with reputed companies like Tata Motors, Manhinra, Bajaj, Suzuki etc.
- You stand a chance to become Class I officer in the Government with your Bachelor’s in Engineering.
Think how much your inaction in the present might cost you in the future.