Ms. Nibha Thakore has been teaching English and Communication Skills to engineering students since 2005. She has conducted and organised numerous faculty development programmes for the enhancement of Communication Skills and for the professional development of the faculty members as well as non-teaching staff members. She has handled various publications of the institutes she has been associated with, such as college magazine, brochure, annual reports, information booklet and department and institute level newsletters in the capacity of the content developer, editor and editor-in-chief. She has judged various literary and extra-curricular events within and outside the institute.
She is currently pursuing her Ph.D. in Partition Literature and Trauma Studies. Her areas of interest include Comparative Literature, Partition Literature, Children’s Literature, Mythology and Drama.
Master of Philosophy, Comparative Literature, School of Languages, Gujarat University, 2006
Thesis: Torn Forever: A Comparative Study of the Tearing Reality in the Fiction of Bhisham Sahni and Khushwant Singh
Master of Arts, English Literature, School of Languages, Gujarat University, 2003
Bachelor of Arts, English Literature, St. Xavier’s College, Gujarat University, 2001
- 'Treat and Retreat of Delight: A Study of Rigmarole and Other Plays', national seminar on 'Interdisciplinary Approaches to Knowledge’, School of Liberal Studies, Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University, Gandhinagar, Gujarat, 4th to 5th April, 2013.
- 'Language Learning in the Corridors of Culture', international conference on 'Interfacing Language, Culture and Technology', Department of Languages, Birla Institute of Technology and Science- BITS Pilani, Rajasthan, in collaboration with [email protected], 8th to 9th October, 2012. The paper is published in the book of the conference with ISBN No.: 9788183601962, Volume: II, P.g.: 213-220 in July, 2013.
English Language Teachers Association of India (ELTAI)
Comparative Literature Association of India (CLAI)
Indian Society of Technical Education (ISTE) - Life Member
Gujarat Vidhyapeeth – Life Member
Professional Work Experience
- Lecturer, S. P. B. Patel Engineering College, Saffrony Institute of Technology, Mehsana, Gujarat, January 2014 to present.
- Assistant Professor, Section Head, Institute of Diploma Studies, Nirma University, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, December 2005- December 2013.
Workshops / STTPs / FDPs / Training Programs
- Organized Orientation Program for newly admitted students, 2016, 2014, 2013, 2012.
- A 14 day ‘English Communication Workshop’ for faculty members, June 2015
- A workshop ‘From Interpretation to Expression’ for faculty members, November 2014
- Organized an Induction Training Program for faculty members, August 2014
- A session on ‘Setting Question Paper and Evaluation’ for faculty members, August 2014
- A session on ‘Email Writing’ for faculty members, April 2014
- A session on ‘Articles and Auxiliary Verbs’ for faculty members, March 2014
- A session on ‘Proposal and Report Writing’ for faculty members, February 2014
- A session on ‘How to Improve Drafting Skills’ for faculty members, January 2014
Seminars / Expert Talks
- Training Programme on ‘Research Methodology’ at Institute of Technology, Nirma University, June 2011.
- Course on ‘Research Methodology’ at Institute of Technology, Nirma University, April, 2011.Workshop on ‘Enhancing Learning through Technology’ at VPMP Polytechnic, Gandhinagar, December 2009.
- QIP on ‘Interrogating Culture and Practicing Communication’ at IIT, Roorkee, June 2009.
- Workshop on ‘Train the Trainers’ at Ahmedabad Management Association, March 2009.
- Training on ‘Life Skills for Engineers’ at Institute of Technology, Nirma University, June 2008.
- Induction Training Programme, Institute of Diploma Studies, Nirma University, December 2007.