Prof. Jigar Patel started his career in academia in the year 2011 with Saffrony Institute of Technology. He handles ERP and examinations at the departmental level at Saffrony Institute of Technology. He has keen interest in research and has published six papers in international journals. His areas of interest are Optimization methods, Operation Research, Design of Experiments, Finite Element Analysis, Renewable energy sources, Product Design, Quality Engineering and Japanese concepts like Kaizen, 5’s, Just in Time.
Master of Technology in CAD/CAM, Ganpat University, Mehsana, Gujarat, India, 2013
Thesis: Productivity Improvement of Screw Conveyor by Modified Design
Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering, Government Engineering College, Patan, Gujarat, India, 2010
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, K D Polytechnic, Patan, Gujarat, India, 2006
- An Investigation Of Flank Wear During Turning Process Through Using Taguchi L32, International Journal of Advance Engineering and Research Development, Vol. III, Issue III, 77-82,2016. (Co-author)
- A Review On Parametric Analysis And Multi Objective Optimization Of Process Parameters Of Turning Of AISI (4140)With PVD & CVD Cutting Tool, International Journal of Advanced Research, Vol. V, Issue I, 29-31, 2015. (Co-author)
- Parametric Optimization Of Surface Roughness & Material Remove Rate Of AISI D2 Steel For Turning, International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering, Vol. IV, Issue VI, 69-73, 2014. (Co-author)
- Productivity Improvement Of Bucket Elevator By Modified Design, International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering, Vol. III, Issue I, 128-133, 2013. (Co-author)
- Productivity Improvement Of Screw Conveyor By Modified Design, International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering, Vol. III, Issue I, 492-496, 2013. (Co-author)
- A Review On Numerical And Experimental Study Of Screw Conveyor, International Journal of Advanced Engineering Research and Studies, Vol. 1, Issue 4, 66-69, 2012. (Co-author)
Indian Society of Technical Education (ISTE) - Life Member
Technical Software Skills
Modelling Software : Solid Works, Creo 2.0
FEA Packages : Ansys
DOE Packages : MiniTab
Professional Work Experience
Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering Department, Saffrony Engineering College, S. P. B. Patel Engineering College, Linch, Mehsana, Gujarat, India, September 2011 to present.
Workshops / STTPs / FDPs / Training Programs
- Attended a one week ISTE approved STTP on ‘Advance Application of CAD software’ organized by Saffrony Institute of Technology, June 2014.
- Attended a faculty development program on ‘Advances In Refrigeration & Air conditioning’ organized by Gujarat Power Engineering Institute (GPERI), Mehsana, Gujarat, June 2014.
- Attended a one day workshop on ‘Industrial Robotics’ organized by Ganpat University, Mehsana, Gujarat, February 2011.
Seminars / Expert Talks
- Organized an expert talk on ‘Project Management - PERT & CPM’ by Mr. Kaushik Maghiawala, September 2016.
- Attended a national seminar on ‘Recent Advances In Foundry Techniques And Their Relevance To Indian Conditions’, organized by Ganpat University, Mehsana, Gujarat, December 2010.
Key Projects of Students
Design & Fabrication Of Hydraulic Crane, S.P.B Patel Engineering College, Saffrony Institute of Technology-June 2014.