Mr. Jignesh Kadia is an Assistant Professor in Electrical Engineering. He has worked in academia for more than 10 years in Gujarat, India. He had been instrumental in developing High Voltage Laboratory, Power System Protection Laboratory and Electrical Machine Laboratory and has been involved actively with initiatives in various co-curricular activities like ‘Mitsubishi Electric Cup’.
Areas of interest are Design, Estimation and Analysis of Electrical System, Electrical Machine Design, Electrical Power System Transmission and Distribution, Switchgear & Protection, FACTS Controller, Reactive Power Compensation and Renewable Energy. He is well versed with Electrical Engineering Softwares like SCADA, HMI, PSCAD, ETAP, MiPower and Multisim.
- Master of Technology in Electrical Power Systems from Nirma University, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India, 2012
Thesis: “Design and Development of Flexible AC Transmission system with Numerical Protection”.
Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical Engineering, AIT College of Engineering, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India, 2010
- Jignesh V Kadia and J. G. Jamnani “Modelling and Analysis of TCSC Controller for Enhancement of Transmission Network” published in International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advance Engineering (IJETAE) Volume 2, Issue 3, March 2012.
ISTE – Indian Society for Technical Education
Technical Software Skills
Wonderware Intouch : SCADA, HMI visualization software
PSCAD X4 : Transient stability, voltage stability, short circuit & fault analysis
ETAP 4.7 : Power flow Analysis & EHV Transmission Line Design modules, Transient Stability Assessment & Analysis, Short Circuit & Fault Analysis
MiPower : Load flow analysis, Economic dispatch, Transient stability, Contingency analysis load frequency control
Multisim : Design and Analysis of Power Electronics Circuits.
Professional Work Experience
- Assistant Professor – Electrical Engineering Department, Saffrony Institute of Technology, S. P. B. Patel Engineering College, Linch, Mehsana, July 2019 – Present.
- Technical Head – Solar Rooftop systems installer, Swami Energy, Solxpert
Powering a green solution, Ahmedabad, August 2018 – July 2019.
- Head of the Department – Electrical Engineering Department, Universal College of Engineering and Technology, Motibhoyan, Kalol, January 2017 – August 2018.
- Assistant Professor – Electrical Engineering Department, Universal College of Engineering and Technology, Motibhoyan, Kalol, June 2012 – January 2017.
- Electrical Maintenance Head – Universal College of Engineering and Technology, Motibhoyan, Kalol, September 2015 – January 2017.
- Visiting Faculty – Institute of Diploma studies, Nirma University, Ahmedabad, January 2012 – May 2012.
Workshops / STTPs / FDPs / Training Programs
- Attended 5-Days Hands on Workshop on SCADA and PLC at Saffrony Institute of Technology, March-2020.
- Attended Workshop on Industry 4.0 at Darshan Institute of Technology, Rajkot, Gujarat, India, November-2019.
- Attended Workshop on Sustainability of Energy Systems through Smart Grid and Renewable Energy Integration at CHARUSAT, M & V Patel Department of electrical engineering, Changa, Gujarat, India, June 2018.
- Attended Workshop on Power System Protection & Switchgear at L & T Switchgear Training Center, L & T Vadodara, Gujarat, India, December 2014.
- Attended one-month training in thermal power plant (for switchyard, electrical testing and protective system, Electrical Maintenance) at GSECL, Gandhinagar (Gujarat), India, May 2011.
Key Projects of Students
- ESVC – Electric Solar Vehicle Competition, Jalandhar, Punjab, India, April – 2016.
- Electric Vehicle – final year GTU project, Universal College of Engineering and Technology, May – 2017