Prof. Rahul Patel brings in the experience of academia as well as industry especially of production operations. As an academician he has been the course in charge of Manufacturing Process – I & Power Plant Engineering, Coordinator of Examination Work. He has also worked as the ERP coordinator, admission committee member, event coordinator in various events at institute, class counselor, co curricular activity cell member, help center coordinator. He has developed subject laboratory as per Industry requirement so students get better practical knowledge.
In the industry he has worked in production department as an assistant engineer, preparing and implementing action plans effectively to maximize overall equipment efficiency of production machines, preparation of WPS and welder qualification records, development of saw welding machine, handling of third party inspection (TPI) work, ultrasonic & radiography test report analysis, twin arc submerge welding development members.
His areas of interest are Power Plant Engineering, Manufacturing Process, Welding Technology, Heat & Mass Transfer, Renewable Energy Sources.
Master of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering, Rajiv Gandhi Proudyogiki Vishwavidyalaya, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India, 2013
Thesis: Experimental & Numerical Investigation of Ranque Hilsch Vortex Tube
Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering, Sakalchand Patel College of Engineering, Visnagar, Gujarat, India, 2006
- A Review On Parametric Optimization Of TIG Welding, International Journal of Computational Engineering Research (IJCER) Volume 4, Issue 1, January-2014
- Experimental & Numerical Investigation of Ranque Hilsch Vortex Tube, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT) Volume 2, Issue 1, January-2013
- A Review on Experimental & Numerical Investigation of Ranque Hilsch Vortex Tube, International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications (IJERA) Volume 2, Issue 4, July-August 2012.
Indian Society of Technical Education (ISTE)
Technical Software Skills
Math Tools : MATLAB
Design Software : Auto Cad 2010, Pro- E.
Professional Work Experience
- Assistant Professor-Mechanical Engineering Department, Saffrony Institute of Technology, S.P.B. Patel Engineering College, Linch, Mehsana, July-2012 – Present
- Lecturer – Mechanical Engineering Department, Vedvyas Polytechnic, Samarth Campus, Himmatnagar, March 2009 – May 2010
- Assistant Engineer – Production Department, Ratnamani Metals & Tubes Ltd., Chhatral, Dec.2006- Dec.2008
Workshops / STTPs / FDPs / Training Programs
- Attended a workshop on ‘English Communication’ organized by Saffrony Institute of Technology, 1st to 13th June 2015.
- on ‘Demonstration of Working of Component of Attended Faculty Development Program on ‘Advances In Refrigeration & Air Conditioning’ at Gujarat Power Engineering Institute GPERI, Mehsana, June 2014
- Attended a one week ISTE approved STTP on ‘Advance Application of CAD Software’ organized by S.P.B.Patel Engineering College, June, 2014.
- Attended a two day workshop on ‘The use of Instructional Material on Engineering Drawing’ at VPMP polytechnic, Gandhinagar, August 2009
- Coordinated one day workshop Automobile Engine’
Seminars / Expert Talks
Attended National Seminar on ‘Solar Energy Technology’ at Gujarat Power Engineering Institute GPERI, Mehsana on 6th April 2013
Key Projects of Students
Highway Wind Mill. The project was displayed in Project Competition 2014 Organized by Saffrony Institute of Technology, Linch and won the first Prize.