Prof. Tausif Shaikh started his career with Saffrony Institute of Technology in the year 2010. He is holding the responsibility of coordinator of Techfest, Cultural festival and Sports festival. He has worked as GTU Central Techfest Coordinator for Gandhinagar zone for the year of 2017. His areas of interest are Heat Transfer, Refrigeration & Air-Conditioning, Fluid Mechanics, Engineering Thermodynamics, Computational Fluid Dynamics, and Energy Conservation & Management.
M. Tech. Mechanical, Specialization in Thermal Engineering, Nirma University, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India, 2010.
Thesis: Numerical Investigation of Boundary Layer Separation Control over an Airfoil
Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering, Parul Institute of Technology, Waghodiya , Vadodara, Gujarat, India, 2008
- Numerical Investigation of Boundary Layer control over an Airfoil, proceedings in 1st International Conference, NUicone 2010, Nirma University, December 9-11, 2010. (Co-author)
- A Review On Experimental And Numerical Investigation Of Friction Stir Welds Of Aa6063-T6 Aluminium Alloy, International Journal of Advanced Engineering Research and Studies IJAERS, Vol. II, Issue I, 123-127 2012. (Co-author)
- A Review On Exprimental & Numerical Investigation Of Ranque Hilsch Vortextube, International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications IJERA, Vol. 2, Issue 4, pp.1359-1363 2012. (Co-author)
- A Review On Dry Sliding Wear Analysis On Brass Using Taguchi Technique, International Journal of Computational Engineering Research IJCER/Vol, 04/Issue, 1 January, 2014. (Co-author)
- Dry Sliding Wear Analysis On Brass Using Taguchi Technique, International Journal for Scientific Research & Development IJSRD, Volume-2, Issue-3, May, 2014. (Co-author)
- Design & Optimization Of Shell & Tube Heat Exchanger Using Htri Software, International Journal of Advanced Research IJAR, Volume - 5, Issue – 1, Jan Special Issue, 2015. (Co-author)
- Experimental & CFD Optimization Of Heat Transfer In Helically Coiled Heat Exchangers, proceedings in 1st International Conference, Saffrony Institute Of Technology, January 2015.
Indian Society of Technical Education (ISTE)
Technical Software Skills
CFD Packages : ANSYS CFX, ANSYS FLUENT (Familiar)
Modeling/ Simulation : Gambit, Fluent 6.2, Tech Plot 360 CFD post processing tools (Used during Masters)
Math tool : MathCAD (Used during Masters)
Professional Work Experience
Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering Department, Saffrony Engineering College, S. P. B. Patel Engineering College, Linch, Mehsana, August 2010- Present.
Workshops / STTPs / FDPs / Training Programs
- Attended an STTP on Basics & Application of Computational fluid Dynamics in June 2011 at UVPCE, Kherva.
- Organized an Energy Conservation Awareness Workshop by GEDA in February 2011 at Saffrony Institute of Technology.
- Organized a Pro-Engineering Software Competition in February 2011 at Saffrony Institute of Technology.
- Attended a two week ISTE workshop on Computational Fluid Dynamics in July 2012 at Nirma University, IIT Bombay Sponsored Course.
- Organized the 1st National conference ‘Trends & Advances in Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineering, in March 2013 at Saffrony Institute of Technology.
- Attended an FDP on Brain Storming by Mr. Dipak Teraiya in August 2013 at Saffrony Institute of Technology.
- Attended an Induction Training program in July 2014 at Saffrony Institute of Technology.
- Attended an ISTE Approved FDP on Advance Applications of CAD Software in June 2014 at Saffrony Institute of Technology.
Seminars / Expert Talks
- Attended a seminar on ‘International Patent Filing Procedure’ in 13th January 2015 at GTU, Chandkheda.
- Attended a national seminar on ‘Solar Energy Technologies’ in April 2013 at GPERI, MEVAD.
Key Projects of Students
Electricity Generation Using Savonius Highway Wind Turbine, Saffrony Engineering College, S. P. B. Patel Engineering College, Linch, Mehsana, April-2014.