Diploma - Automobile Engineering
Section Head's Message
It is my great pleasure to be a part of S.P.B Patel Engineering College, a place where every student, faculty and staff members matters and each one has an important role to play for the development of the Institute.
Automobile Engineering teaches manufacturing, designing, mechanical mechanisms as well operations of automobiles. It is an introduction to vehicle engineering which deals with motorcycles, cars, buses trucks etc. The department is provided with sufficient resources, competent, well qualified and experienced faculties. The labs at the department are well equipped and have standard software tools.
With the vision that every student will be a future efficient engineer, the Institute arranges a variety of activities and programmes like expert lectures, Industrial visits, involvements in Industrial fares, cultural and sports programme etc. to sharpen the skills and to develop abilities while stretching the student's potential to excel.
We very much focus on total personality development of the students by imparting technical competence, analytical ability, presentation/communication skill, planning & time management, team work, managerial & leadership qualities to make them employable and confident engineer.
I express my sincere gratitude to the students for their bright future.
-Prof. Krupal Mehta
Why should one pursue Automobile Engineering?
While walking on the streets, when you come across high-end luxurious cars like Ferrari, Porsche, Range Rover, Jaguar, Lamborghini, BMW, Audi, have you ever in the slightest of your imagination thought – who are the designers or the makers of these grandiose machines? Well, you can also be the designer or developer of these amazing machines. If you have love and passion for such machines, then a career in Automobile Engineering can be a possible choice for you.
Fast facts about Indian Automobile Industry:
- 7thlargest automobile producer in the world
- Production of 17.5 million vehicles annually
- 4th largest automotive market by volume
- 14.89 percent growth rate in exports
- New automotive mission plan-2(2016-26)
- ‘Make in India campaign’ – focusing on building India a ‘manufacturing hub’
The industry offers multiplicity of roles for skilled professionals. Some of the job roles are as follows:
- Designing, development and manufacturing of vehicles
- Preparing blueprint of vehicle and its components
- Using traditional as well as most advanced technologies to engineer vehicles
- Workingas maintenance and services engineers in automobile workshops, aircraft industries, aviation, marine vessels, and diesel power stations
Top companies recruiting automobile engineers are as follows-
TATA , Maruti Suzuki, Ashok Leyland, Mahindra & Mahindra, Bajaj, Hero Honda, Hyundai, Toyota, Honda, Yamaha
Laboratories Infrastructure & Amenities Prominent Faculty Members