Mr. Ajay Gupta is one of the youngest and enthusiastic faculties at Saffrony Institute of Technology. His areas of interests are Hydrology and Water Resources Engineering, Irrigation Engineering, Fluid Mechanics and Water & Waste Water Engineering. He is actively involved in various initiatives and co-curricular activities for students’ overall development at the institute.
Master of Technology in Water Resources Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Silchar, 2018
Thesis: ‘Rainfall-Runoff Modeling using Artificial Neural Network Approach and Multiple Linear Regression Technique’.
Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering, Priyadarshini College of Engineering, Nagpur, India, 2016
Awards / Achievements
- Received Award for Best Academic Student of Civil Engineering Department at Priyadarshini College of Engineering, Nagpur in Sayonara 2016.
- Received Award for Best Student of the Year (Junior) at Pechon A Sangma Memorial Police School, Tura in 2004.
- Awarded 1st Prize in Mathematical Modelling in District Level Science Exhibition
- Wajahat Annayat, Briti Sundar Sil, Ajay Gupta, A Case Study - Development of Rainfall-Runoff Model using FFBPNN and LRNN for Silchar City, Disaster Advances, Vol.11 (9) September (2018)
Technical Software Skills
Math Tools: MATLAB , ANN Tool (Used extensively during Masters)
Professional Work Experience
- Assistant Professor – Civil Engineering Department, Saffrony Institute of Technology, S.P.B. Patel Engineering College, Linch, Mehsana, August 2018 – Present.
Workshops / STTPs / FDPs / Training Programs
- Presented research paper on “Rainfall-Runoff Modeling for sub-watersheds of the Barak River Basin using ANN Approach” in the HYDRO-2018 International Conference held at National Institute of Technology, Patna during 19-21 December 2018.
- Participated in one-week workshop on “Climate Change Assessment: Hydrologic Modelling and Perspective”, organized by the Department of Civil Engineering at National Institute of Technology, Silchar from 19th-23rd October, 2016.
- Participated in a one-week training program on “Applications of MIKE 21C in Modelling River Flow Processes”, organized by the Department of Civil Engineering at National Institute of Technology, Silchar from 9th-13th October, 2017.
- Participated in National Conference on “River Flow Processes Modelling (RFPM-2017)”, organized by the Department of Civil Engineering at National Institute of Technology, Silchar on 11th November, 2017.
- Participated in paper presentation at National Conference on “Civil Engineering Issues & its Future” CYNOSURE-16 entitled Experimental study on the behaviour of concrete using Wollastonite & GGBFS organized by the Department of Civil Engineering at Priyadarshini College of Engineering, Nagpur on 21st and 22nd March, 2016.
Key Projects of Students
- Storm Water Management of Urban Area Mehsana, S.P.B Patel Engineering College, Saffrony Institute of Technology, 2018-19.