Dr. Pooja Mehta
Dr. Pooja Mehta
Dr. Pooja Mehta has been in academics since the year 2009. She has completed her doctorate in 2016 in Translation Studies. Her areas of interest include Translation Studies, Indian Poetics and Aesthetics and English Language teaching. She holds an Alamkar – Master’s Degree in Indian Classical Music (Vocal) too. Art, languages and literature has been her most loved subjects. Apart from teaching various subjects related to English language, she has been actively involved in syllabus design, conducting workshops and trainings for students.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Translation Studies, Saurashtra University, 2016
- Thesis: ‘A Translation of Rachana Ane Samrachana by Dr. Harivallabh Bhayani from Gujarati into English with a Critical Introduction’.
- Master of Arts in English, Department of English & CLS, Saurashtra University, 2009
- Bachelor of Arts in English, Smt. K S N Kansagara Mahila College, Rajkot, 2007
- Passed Sangit Visharad (Graduation) with 69.4% in 2006 and Sangit Alamkara (Post Graduation) in Vocal, Indian Classical Music with 78.16% in 2008.
- Possessing ‘C’ certificate in NCC
- Passed Hindi Vinit (Equivalent to Graduation)
- Passed B2 level Scope Examination of Cambridge University
- Mehta, Pooja J. “Translation of Literary and Critical Terms from Gujarati into English: A Case Study of Rachana Ane Samrachana by Dr. Harivallabh Bhayani.” Golden Vibes: An International Journal of English Literature and Translation Studies, vol. 1, no. 2, Apr. 2016, pp 1-9. ISSN: 2455 – 2887
- Mehta, Pooja J. “Translation as Dialogue: A Perspective.” Bakhtinian Explorations of Indian Culture, edited by Lakshmi Bandlamudi and E. V. Ramakrishnan, 1st ed., Springer Singapore, 2018, pp. 135–141. ISBN - 978-981-10-6312-1
- “Translation of Literary and Critical Terms from Gujarati into English: A Case Study of Rachana Ane Samrachana by Dr. Harivallabh Bhayani” at an International conference on ‘Theorizing (a)translation: Texts and Contexts’, organized by Department of English, Veer Narmad South Gujarat University, Surat on 9-10 February 2016.
- “India in Kipling’s IndiaS” in UGC sponsored International Conference on “Of the Indian: Literary Constructs and Responses – Late Nineteenth and Early Twentieth Century British Literary Works””, Rajkot, Gujarat, during 14th – 16th March, 2015 (organised by The Alumni Association, Department of English and CLS, Surashtra University, Rajkot)
- “Translation as Dialogue: A Perspective” in the International Conference on “Bakhtin in India: Exploring the Dialogic Potential in Self, Culture and History” organized by The Central University of Gujarat, Gandhinagar, Balvant Parekh Centre for General Semantics and Other Human Sciences, Baroda & The Forum on Contemporary Theory, Baroda held in Gandhinagar during 19-21 August, 2013.
- “Indian Concept of Aesthetics and Aesthetics of Indian and Western Classical Music“at International Conference on ‘Expanding Territories: Comparative Literature in the 21st Century’ organized by Department of English & CLS, Saurashtra University, Rajkot on 29-31 March, 2010.
- “Democracy and Poetry and Democracy in Poetry” in UGC sponsored National Seminar on Democracy in Our Times: Past, Present and Future on September 14, 2013 organized by Smt. H. B. Jasani Arts and Shri N. K. Jasani Commerce College, Rajkot in collaboration with All India Women’s Conference, Rajkot.
- “Village Life : The Real Upholder of Indian Culture in the Light of Manvini Bhavai” in the National Seminar on “Cultural Phenomena in Indian Literature” sponsored by UGC and organized by Shri H. L. Patel Arts and Commerce College, Bhayavadar on 16th and 17th January, 2010.
- Member of ELTAI – English Language Teachers’ Association of India
- Member of SUETA – Saurashtra University English Teachers’ Association
- Member of GUJ
Professional Work Experience
- Worked as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Communication Skills at Marwadi Education Foundation’s Group of Institutions, Rajkot from July 2011 – January 2018
- Worked as a lecturer in English at Shri M & N Virani Science College, Rajkot from July 2009 – July 2011
Workshops / STTPs / FDPs / Training Programs
- Attended a A Two Day National Workshop on Translating Gujarati Literature into English: Practices and Approaches jointly organized by Gujarat Sahitya Academy and UGC SAP DRS II, Department of English, Faculty of Arts, The Maharaja Sayajirao University Of Baroda, Vadodara on 22nd-23rd March, 2018
- Attended a One day workshop on ‘Design based learning in Contributor Personality Development Program (CPDP)’ organized by CPDP Cell, Gujarat Technological University on 10th March, 2018
- Participated in the Faculty Development Program for Marwadi University faculties organized by Marwadi University on July 29-30, 2016.
- Participated in the Faculty Development Program Level – III organized by Marwadi Education Foundation on January -9, 2016.
- Participated in the Faculty Development Program Level – II organized by Marwadi Education Foundation on March 26-27, 2015.
- Participated in “Film Appreciation Workshop” organized by the Department of English and CLS, Saurashtra University from 22-28 December, 2014.
- Participated in VII National Workshop, The Spirit of Democratic Citizenship (Radical General Semantics) organized by Balvant Parekh Centre for General Semantics and Other Human Sciences in collaboration with the Department of English and CLS, Saurashtra University, Rajkot, during 13-16 November, 2013
- Participated in the Faculty Development Program Phase II of “Swami Vivekanand Contributor Personality Program”, organized by Gujarat Technological University, Ahmedabad on 22nd September, 2012 at Marwadi Education Foundation, Rajkot.
- Participated in One Day Workshop on “ICT in Universities” conducted on 25th July, 2012, sponsored by Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) & UGC: Academic Staff College, Saurashtra University, Rajkot.
- Participated in the Faculty Development Program Phase I of “Swami Vivekanand Contributor Personality Program”, organized by Gujarat Technological University, Ahmedabad on 7th-8th January, 2012 at Marwadi Education Foundation, Rajkot.
- Participated in the State Level One Day Workshop on “Innovative Teaching Methods & Techniques” jointly organized by Shri Jasani Arts College & Saurashtra University English Teachers’ Association (SUETA) on 16th June, 2011
- Attended a National Conference on “Teaching English Literature/Language in the 21st Century”, Morbi, Gujarat, in September 2010 (organised by SUETA and Smt. R. O. Patel Women’s College, Morbi)
- Participated in The National Level Vocabulary Development Workshop for Sourashtra Language Phase-II organized by Sourashtra Heritage Chair, Saurashtra University, Rajkot on 14th October, 2010 at the Department of English & CLS, Saurashtra University, Rajkot.
- Participated in One Day National Workshop on Dynamics of Effective Teaching on 2ndOctober-2010 organized by ATMIYA Group of Institutions.
- Participated in State-Level Symposium on Teaching English Language/Literature in the 21st century on 4th and 5th September, 2010 organized by the Saurashtra University English Teachers’ Association (SUETA) and Smt. R. O. Patel Women’s College, Morbi
- Participated in State –Level Workshop on Training Teachers of English to Develop e-Content on 31st July, 2010 organized by the Knowledge Consortium of Gujarat (KCG), Gandhinagar and the Saurashtra University English Teachers’ Association (SUETA).
- Participated in the State Level Seminar on “Teaching English Literature at the U.G. & P.G. Levels” organized by Department of English and CLS in collaboration with Dr. Baba Saheb Ambedkar Open University, Ahmedabad on March 24-25, 2008.
Seminars / Expert Talks
- Invited for the 1st Live Penal Discussion – ALVCOM Video Lecture series by SANDHAN-BISAG-Television Programme, Gandhinagar on “Problems and Remedies of Teaching English in Technical Education” and “Methodology for Teaching English in Technical Education” on 18 January, 2015.
- Delivered an expert talk on “Frankenstein from Page to Screen” under the workshop on “Literature to Movie: A Journey from Page to Screen” at Marwadi Education Foundation in 2014.