Prof. Gautam Dadhich has worked in Academia as well as Civil Engineering consultancy fields. During his academic years, he was pursuing research on various applications of Civil Engineering using Remote Sensing and GIS and published and presented papers as well. He has worked for about two and half years as Sr. Research Fellow at the CAL VAL Division, Space Application Center (SAC), ISRO and Department Civil engineering of Nirma University (NU) on Radar Imaging SATalite (RISAT)-1 Calibration and Validation (ISRO-NU Joint Project). He had done his internship at the University of Saskatchewan, Canada and Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Gandhinagar , which helped him develop his skills and broaden his knowledge in his field specialization.
Prof. Gautam Dadhich has published 35 case-study and research articles and also presented a paper at GEOCON-2013, Malaysia based on his research experience gained during study period. This progressive engineering experience has provided him with the opportunity to develop strong client relation building skills and an ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams. He is an expert at applying the principles of civil engineering when planning, designing, and overseeing the construction and maintenance of structures and facilities. In addition to research activities, he has also been working on the following profiles for the last five years.
- Pavement design (Flexible and rigid pavement): Worked on IITPave and KenPave. Having indigenous spreadsheet for both flexible and rigid pavement design according to latest codel provisions.
- Overlay design: Designed overlay for around thousand kilometers of road using IRC 81. Having working experience of both BBD and LWD/FWD deflection data.
- DPR preparation: Prepared DPR for various road projects of Gujarat and Daman & Diu. Report for planning of new highway project which includes preparation of plan and profile, road furniture and BOQ.
- Repair and rehabilitation of road: Suggested CT-WMM for the damaged Mahua-Una road. Worked on report preparation for Repair and rehabilitation Radhanpur highway (PIPL) using Recycled Asphalt Pavement (RAP).
- Drain design for urban roads: Good working experience of hydraulic and structural deign of rectangular drain using IRC 06 and IRC 42.
- Slope stability: Good working experience on MIDAS soil-works. Conducted slope stability analysis for Jetty structures and under ground structures. Having working experience on designing soil nails.
- Damage assessment using NDT (Rebound hammer/ UPV) and its report preparation.
- Master of Technology (By Research) in Geomatics, Civil Engineering, Nirma University, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, 2017
Thesis: Crop land Suitability Analysis using Geomatics and MCDM Techniques
Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering, Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University, Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India, 2014
Awards / Achievements
- Received ‘Certificate of Honor’ from Institute of Technology, Nirma University as a felicitation for academic achievement.
- Won the First prize with cash award in poster presentation competition in ICT4D (Information and Communication Technology for Development) -2015 held at DA-IICT, Gandhinagar jointly organized by DA-IICT, Minstry of Earth Sciences and GKAFC, Confederation of Indian Industries (CII).
- Secured First Position among participants from 69 institutions by representing Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University at National Level Student Research Model competition in Transport Infrastructure Congress & Expo-TICE, 2013 organized by MNIT, Jaipur and Ministry of Road Transport & Highway (MORTH), GOI. Developed tool for sub grade quality monitoring
- Recipient of Ajanta Sachan Award in Geotechnical Engineering for best research in field of geotechnical engineering from PIET, Vadodara, 2013.
- Recipient of Best Research Paper Award at 4th National Conference on ‘Emerging Vistas of Technology in 21st Century’ Organized by Parul Institute of Engineering & Technology, Vadodara, 2013.
- Won the Overall Best Research Paper Award in oral paper presentation competition on Engineer’s Day-2012 organized by Department of Science, PDPU. His paper was on microsurfacing.
- Secured Second Prize in Poster Presentation Competition ‘Emerging Trends in Concrete waterproofing’ jointly organized by PDPU, Gandhinagar and XYPEX Chemical Corporation, Canada, 2012. His paper was on Canal waterproofing.
- Won the First Prize in Technical Poster Presentation Competition on Engineer’s Day-2012 organized by PDPU. His poster was on microsurfacing.
- Won the First Prize in Poster Presentation Competition on Workshop on ‘Hydrological Data Management: Present state and trends’ jointly organized by PDPU & State Water Data Center, SWDC, 2011. His poster was on Hydrology.
- Secured First Prize in ADHYAYAN- Oral paper presentation Competition organized by Civil engineering Forum in FLARE-2013.
- Gujar R.S., Chauhan K.A., Dadhich G., Dave R. (2012), ‘A Review Of Various Preventive Maintenance Approaches For Flexible Pavement’ 1st Sardar Patel International Conference (SPICON) -2102 at SPCE, Mumbai
- Patel M. A., Patel H. S, Dadhich G. (2013), ‘Laboratory Investigation to Correlate Strength Parameter from Physical characteristics of Subgrade’, 1st National conference on Innovative & Emerging Technologies-NCIET, Smt. S.R. Patel Engineering college, Dabhi, Mehsana, ISBN: 978-81-925650-0-2.
- Patel M. A., Patel H. S, Dadhich G. (2013), ‘Disposed waste stabilization using Pozzolanic materials", National seminar on " Water & Ground Pollution: prediction, Prevention and Control’, Department of Civil Engineering, VICT and Indian Geotechnical Society, Ahmedabad.
- Patel M. A., Patel H. S, Dadhich G. (2013), ‘Regression model for subgrade strength evaluation from Dynamic cone Penetration Index and Moisture content’, 4th national conference on Emerging Vistas of Technology in 21st century-NCEVT13, Department of Civil Engineering, PIET, Limda, ISBN: 978-93--82880-32-5.
- Dadhich G., Patel M. A. (2013), ‘Improvement In Construction Site Safety using Leader Based safety Intervention: A Case Study of PDPU Construction Site’, The Journal of Management and Co-operation, ISSN No. 2249-2275, Volume: X, January-March 2013, pp 161-164.
- Kalubarme M.H., Dave R.R., Dadhich G. (2013), ‘Site Suitability Analysis Of Water Harvesting Structure On of Valsad District In Gujarat State Hilly Terrain Using Remote Sensing And GIS Data’ 5th National Civil Engineering Students Symposium in IIT, Bombay.
- Dadhich G., Aishwarya A. (2013), ‘Leader Based Safety Intervention to Improve Construction Site Safety’ National Seminar on Interdisciplinary Approaches of Knowledge, SLS, PDPU, Gandhinagar
- Dadhich G., Gujar R.S. (2013), ‘Microsurfacing-An Eco efficient Tool for Road Safety and Pavement Maintenance’ Flare-2013
- Gujar R.S., Chauhan K.A., Dadhich G. (2013), ‘Application Of Rice Husk Ash As Optional Mineral Filler In Microsurfacing Incorporating Type III Aggregate’ presented at 9th International Conference on Geo-technical & Transportation Engineering (GEOCON-2013) organized by Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM), Johor Bahru, Malaysia.
- Gujar R.S., Chauhan K.A., Dadhich G. (2013), ‘Microsurfacing – An Eco-Efficient Tool For Road Safety And Pavement Maintenance- A case study of Ahmedabad – Vadodara Expressway’ in International Journal of Sustainable Construction Engineering and Technology Volume: 4, No 2, pp. 47-51.
- Patel M. A., Patel H. S, Dadhich G. (2013), ‘Prediction of Subgrade Strength Parameters from Dynamic Cone Penetration Index, Modified Liquid Limit and Moisture Content’ presented in 2nd conference of Transportation Research Group of India (CTRG-2013) and published in Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences Volume 104, 2 December 2013, Pages 245–254.
- Dave R.R., Dadhich G., Kalubarme M.H. and 6 other (2014), ‘Site Suitability Analysis of Water Harvesting Structure on Hilly Terrain using Geo-informatics Technology in Valsad District, Gujarat state, India’ in International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Volume 5, Issue 5, May-2014, pp. 1672-1680
- Dadhich G.,Patel V. M., Parmar A., Patel D. M., Katariya B. (2014) ‘Tsunami Evacuation System for Western Coast Of Gujarat In Okha City’ International Journal of Research and Scientific Innovation, Volume 1, Issue 8, Nov-2014, pp. 411-414
- Patel P. R., Dadhich G. (2014) ‘Detection of Land Use/ Landcover Change in an Industrial Estate Using Remote Sensing and GIS’ presented at Mid-Term Symposium of ISRPS held at NRSC, Hyderabad during 9-12 December 2014.
- Dadhich , Patel V. M., Parmar A., Patel D. M., Katariya B. (2015) ‘Comparative study on Use of Foundry sand as alternative filler in Microsurfacing incorporating Type-III aggregate’ in Indian Journal of Applied research Volume - 5 | Issue - 1 | Jan Special Issue-2015, pp. 81-83.
- Patel P. R., Dadhich G. (2015) ‘Pothole detection on national highway and expressway using differential InSAR’ Poster presentation in NISAR Science & Applications Workshop Organized by SAC, ISRO on 19-20 November 2015.
- Patel P. R., Dadhich G. (2015) ‘Assessment of Land Subsidence induced due to Ground Water and Hydrocarbon Extraction in Gujarat State’ oral presentation in NISAR Science & Applications Workshop Organized by SAC, ISRO
- Tah Ruchi, Patel P. R., Dadhich G. (2015) ‘Site Suitability Analysis of Solid Waste Dumping for Jaipur City Using Remote Sensing and GIS’ Multi-disciplinary Sustainable Engineering: Current and Future Trends @2016 Taylor and Francis, CRC Press, pp. 147-154
- Dadhich G., Sharma S., Mathur AK, Patel P.R. (2015) ‘Effect of Clutter Window Size on ISLR for SAR (RISAT-1) Image Evaluation’ ISG-ISRS Symposium on Geomatics for Digital India 16-18 Dec. 2015.
- Dadhich G., Patel P.R. (2015) ‘Land suitability potential Assessment for wheat crop using a remote sensing and GIS based MCDM approach’ ISG-ISRS Symposium on Geomatics for Digital India 16-18 Dec. 2015.
- Sharma S., Dadhich G., Mathur AK, Patel P.R. (2016) ‘Radar Cross Section Calculation: an approach to validate derived RISAT-1 calibration constants’ accepted in SPIE Asia Pacific Remote sensing-2016
- Shukla A., Rambhia M., Dadhich G., Sharma S., Patel P.R (2016) ‘Site suitability analysis for calibration of RISAT-1 SAR sensor using corner reflectors’ Vol 10 No. 2 October 2016, Journal of Geomatics, pp. 187-191
- Dadhich G., Patel P.R., Kalubarme M.H. (2016) ‘Farm Level Land Suitability Assessment for Agricultural Crops Using Geomatics: A Case Study of Badipur Village of Patan District, Gujarat’ National Symposium on Recent Advances in Remote Sensing and GIS with Special Emphasis on Mountain Ecosystems, December 7-9, 2016, Dehradun India
- Dadhich G., Sharma S., Mathur AK, Patel P.R. (2016) ‘Performance Evaluation of Natural Sites for External Calibration of SAR Data’ National Symposium on Recent Advances in Remote Sensing and GIS with Special Emphasis on Mountain Ecosystems, December 7-9, 2016, Dehradun India
- Dadhich G., Patel P.R., Kalubarme M.H. (2016) ‘Spatial Suitability Analysis for Mustard Cultivation Using GIS Based Multi Criteria Approach: A Case Study of Patan District, Gujarat’ National Symposium on Recent Advances in Remote Sensing and GIS with Special Emphasis on Mountain Ecosystems, December 7-9, 2016, Dehradun India
- Dadhich G., Patel P.R., Kalubarme M.H. (2017) ‘Agriculture Land Suitability Evaluation for Wheat Cultivation using Geomatics for Patan District, India’, Int. J. Agricultural Resources, Governance and Ecology, Vol. 17 (1), pp. 91-108.
- Sharma S., Dadhich G., Rambhia M., Prajapati R.P., Mathur AK, Patel P.R, Shukla A. ‘Radiometric calibration stability assessment of RISAT-1 SAR sensor using deployed point target array in Desalpar, Rann of Kutch site in India’ International Journal of Remote Sensing, Taylor & Francis.
- Gautam Dadhich, Shweta Sharma, Mihir Rambhia, Aloke K. Mathur, P. R. Patel & Alpana Shukla (2018): Image quality characterization of fine resolution RISAT-1 data using impulse response function, Geocarto International, DOI: 10.1080/10106049.2017.1421715 ( Taylor & Francis)
- (Submitted) Dadhich G., Patel P.R., Kalubarme M.H. Pandya M. ‘Development of Decision Support System for Land Suitability Evaluations for Crops Using ICT tools’ International Journal of Agricultural Sustainability, Taylor & Francis.
- Dadhich G., Patel P.R., Kalubarme M.H. ‘Farm Level Land Suitability Assessment for wheat and Mustard Crops Using Geomatics: A Case Study of Badipur Village of Patan District, Gujarat’ in Nirma University International Conference on Engineering (NUiCONE)-2017
- Mathur AK, Sharma S., Dadhich G., Prajapati RP, Ramanujam VM, Misra A., ‘Radiometric calibration and image quality assessment of RISAT-1 SAR sensor’ in CEOS SAR 2017, JPL, NASA.
- (Under-Review) Gujar R., Dadhich G., ‘Modelling Efficiency of Industrial Waste Utilized for Microsurfacing Using Artificial Neural Networks’ in International Journal of Environment and Waste Management (IJEWM).
- (Under-Review) Shah M., Gujar R., Dadhich G., Project Risk Management of Precast Segments for Metro Rail Using Diamond Approach in International Journal of Project Organisation and Management
- (Submited) Dadhich G., Sharma S., Rambhia M., Prajapati R.P., Mathur AK, Patel P.R, Shukla A. ‘Image Quality Monitoring of Medium Resolution RISAT-1 Data Using Impulse Response Function’ ISRS - ISG Annual Conventions 2017
- (Submited) Dadhich G., Sharma S., Rambhia M., Prajapati R.P., Mathur AK, Patel P.R, Shukla A. ‘Feasibility Study On Identification Of Distributed Target Sites In India For External Calibration of SAR Data’ 38th Asian Conference on Remote Sensing
ASCE, ISRS, ICE-UK, ISPRS, ISG
Technical Software Skills
- Arc GIS, ERDAS (Elementary)
- MS Office (2007 & 2010)
- QGIS (Advanced)
- Gamma Software (SAR processing)
- ENVI 5.1
- PLAXIS 2D/MIDAS soilworks
Professional Work Experience
- Assistant Professor, Civil Engineering Department ,16 Dec. 2017 to present, S.P.B. Engineering College, Mehsana
- Senior research fellow in Radar-Imaging SATalite (RISAT) Cal-Val Project, August 2017- 15 Dec. 2017, Nirma University-Space Application Center (SAC), ISRO, Ahmedabad
- Junior research fellow in Radar-Imaging SATalite (RISAT) Cal-Val Project, August 2015- September 2017, Nirma University-Space Application Center (SAC), ISRO, Ahmedabad
- Lecturer in Civil Engineering Department, August 2014- July 2015, Shankarshin Vaghela Bapu Institute of Technology, Vasan, Gandhinagar
Workshops / STTPs / FDPs / Training Programs
- Received Grant of 40,000/- from GUJCOST for organizing Workshop of ‘Advanced Pavement Materials’ in April 2015.
- Coordinator of 3 Day’s Placement Awareness Workshop on ‘CAREER DEVELOPMENT’ from April 07th to 9th 2015.
- Coordinator of GUJCOST sponsored one day workshop on ‘Research Methodology’ on 12 December 2014 at SVBIT, Gandhinagar. Received Grant of 15,000/- from GUJCOST.
- Coordinator of Half-day workshop on ‘Repair and Rehabilitation of structures’ at SVBIT, Gandhinagar on 15th September, 2014