Dr. Gulab Bambhaniya
Dr. Gulab Bambhaniya
Dr. Gulab Bambhaniya is an Associate Professor at Saffrony Institute of Technology since 1st October 2016. He has completed his Ph.D. degree with the thesis title ‘Signatures of Neutrino Mass Models in Current and Future Experiments’ from Discipline of Physics, Physical Research Laboratory (PRL) in 2015. He did his M. Sc. in Physics from Physics Department, Sardar Patel University, Vallabh Vidhyanagar in 2010. He was awarded junior and senior research fellowships during the Ph.D. by Department of Space, Government of India. He was also awarded grants for attending the conferences abroad from CERN, Geneva; Department of Space, Govt. of India; Centre for International Co-operation in Science (CICS), Govt. of India; and International Center for Theoretical Physics (ICTP), Italy. He has published more than 10 research papers in peer-reviewed International journals. He was also a post doctoral fellow at PRL after completing his Ph.D.
His areas of interest are neutrino mass generation mechanisms, collider phenomenology, low energy phenomenology of rare processes like Lepton Flavor Violation, Neutrino less double decay and dark matter.
Post Doctoral Fellowship (PDF) in Particle Physics, Physical Research Laboratory, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India 2016
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Particle Physics, Physical Research Laboratory, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India2015
Thesis: Signatures of Neutrino Mass Models in Current and Future Experiments
Master of Science in Physics with specialization in Solid State Physics, Sardar Patel University, Vallabh Vidhyanagar, Anand, Gujarat, India 2010
Bachelor of Science in Physics, Tolani College of Arts and Science, Adipur, Kutch, Gujarat, India, 2008
Awards / Achievements
- Ranked among top 5 students in Sardar Patel University, Master of Science (M.Sc.) program
- Ranked among top 10 students in KSKV Kutch University, Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) program
- Junior Research Fellowship for two years and Senior Research Fellowship for three years by Department of Space, Government of India
- Represented KSKV Kutch University in the West Zone Youth Festival at Lakshmibai National Institute Of Physical Education, Gwalior
- Ranked second in M.Sc. Summer program at Institute of Plasma Research (IPR), Bhat, Gandhinagar for the project ‘Development of Laboratory System for Electrospinning of Polymeric Nanofibres’
- Naturalness, Vacuum Stability and Leptogenesis in the Minimal Seesaw Model, Phys. Rev. D 95, no. 9, 095016 (2017), arXiv:1611.03827 [hep-ph]. (Co-author)
- Vector Dark Matter Annihilation With Internal Bremsstrahlung, Phys. Lett. B 766, 177 (2017), arXiv:1609.05369 [hep-ph]. (Co-author)
- Physics at a 100 TeV pp Collider: Higgs and EW Symmetry Breaking Studies, arXiv:1606.09408 [hep-ph]. (Co-author)
- Physics at a 100 TeV pp Collider: Beyond the Standard Model Phenomena, arXiv:1606.00947 [hep-ph]. (Co-author)
- The Scalar Triplet Contribution to Lepton Flavour Violation and Neutrinoless Double Beta Decay in Left-Right Symmetric Model, JHEP 1604, 046 (2016), arXiv:1512.00440 [hep-ph]. (Co-author)
- Search for doubly charged Higgs bosons through VBF at the LHC and Beyond, Phys. Rev. D 92, no. 1, 015016 (2015), arXiv:1504.03999 [hep-ph]. (Co-author)
- Rare Meson Decay through Off-Shell Doubly Charged Scalars, Phys. Rev. D 91, 055020. (Co-author)
- Constraints On A Seesaw Model Leading To Quasi-Degenerate Neutrinos And Signatures At The LHC, Phys. Rev. D 91, no. 9, 095007 (2015), arXiv:1411.6866 [hep-ph]. (Co-author)
- Looking For Hints Of A Reconstructible Seesaw Model At The Large Hadron Collider, Phys. Rev. D 91, no. 7, 075007 (2015), arXiv:1410.5687 [hep-ph]. (Co-author)
- Lowest Limits On The Doubly Charged Higgs Boson Masses In The Minimal Left- Right Symmetric Model, Phys. Rev. D 90, no. 9, 095003 (2014), [arXiv:1408.0774 [hep-ph]]. (Co-author)
- Left-Right Symmetry and the Charged Higgs Bosons at the LHC, JHEP 1405, 033 (2014), [arXiv:1311.4144 [hep-ph]]. (Co-author)
- Generation Of Neutrino Mass From New Physics At Tev Scale And Multilepton Signatures At The LHC, Phys. Rev. D 88, no. 7, 075006 (2013), [arXiv:1305.2795 [hep-ph]]. (Co-author)
Technical Software Skills
Languages : Fortran, C, C++
Packages : Mathematica, Latex, JaxoDraw, LHAPDF, Pythia, CalcHEP, FeynRules, MadGraph, Alpgen
Workshops / STTPs / FDPs / Training Programs
- Attended an international symposium PASCOS-2015 held at International Center for Theoretical Physics (ICTP), Trieste, Italy, 29 June - 3 July, 2015
- Participated in Summer School on Particle Physics held at International Center for Theoretical Physics (ICTP), Trieste, Italy. 15th – 26th June, 2015
- Attended Workshop in High Energy Physics held at IIT Bombay, Mumbai from 7th to 10th January 2013.
- Participated in main SERC school in high energy physics held at SINP, Kolkata, India, from 3rd to 22nd September 2012.
- Attended International Conference on ‘What Next at LHC’ (WNL 2014) at Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai, India, from 6th to 8th January, 2014.
- Attended a lecture series on ‘Neutrino Interaction’ by Prof. Kevin McFarland of Rochester University organized at Institute of Mathematical Science, Chennai, India from 19th to 21st December 2011.
- Attended a conference on Neutrino, ‘Interface of Cosmology and Particle Physics’ iCAPP, organized by Physical Research Laboratory, Ahmedabad, India, from 21st to 23rd September 2011.
Seminars / Expert Talks
- Presented research work at MCnet-LPCC school on Event Generators for LHC, at CERN, Geneva, Switzerland, from 23rd to 27th July 2012.
- Presented research work in Young Physicists Meet YPM-2015 at Theoretical Physics Division, PRL, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India, 10th – 13th March, 2015
- Gave talk on ‘Neutrino Mass Models at LHC’ in Young Physicists Meet YPM-2014 at Theoretical Physics Division, PRL, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India. 5th – 7th February, 2014
- Presented research work at XXI DAE-BRNS High Energy Physics Symposium 2014, held at Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati, India, from 8th to 12th December, 2014.
- Presented research work at XX DAE-BRNS High Energy Physics Symposium at Department of Physics, Visva-Bharati, Shantiniketan, West Bengal, India, from 13th to 18th January, 2013.
- Conducted sessions with Dr. Tanmoy Mondal on Madgraph for PRL students.