Ms. Hima Soni has been a bright student, a Gold Medalist, and the same sparks she carries when entered academia. She has been actively involved in various co-curricular and extra-curricular activities. She has participated in various National Competitions such as ROBOCON - The Robot Making Competition, Hackathon and Mitsubishi Electric Cup Competition-The Factory Automation Competition etc. as well guided students for ROBOCON. She holds Master’s Degree in Computer Engineering where she worked in the domain of Machine Learning and emerging technologies. Apart from Machine Learning her areas of interest include Data Science, IoT, Robotics and Industrial Automation.
- Master of Engineering in Computer Engineering, S.P.B. Patel Engineering College, Gujarat Technological University, Mehsana, Gujarat, 2020.
Thesis: ‘Predictive Maintenance using IoT for Industrial Gas Turbine Rotor Blade’.
- Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Engineering, S.P.B. Patel Engineering College, Gujarat Technological University, Mehsana, Gujarat, 2018.
Awards / Achievements
- Gold Medalist as a Branch Topper of Gujarat Technological University in BE-Computer Engineering, 2018
- 4th Rank in BE -1st Semester at GTU, among 40,000+ Students, conferred Shri Dewang Mehta IT Award for Excellence in 2015 for being a Top Ranker
- Her team got selected in top 35 teams for Mitsubishi Electric Cup 2019, out of 130 teams from all over India
- Shortlisted in 21 teams out of 100+ for Project and Paper Presentation Competition by Hi-Tech 360 (In association with IIM), January 2017.
- Secured A grade in Prototype Development Session at ‘SUMMER CAMP-2016’ Hardware (Arduino, Raspberry Pi & MSP430 Launchpad) conducted by CiC3 team, GTU.
- Won 2nd prize in the event of ‘Crash the Hurdles’ (Programming Event) in VEYG’16 held at SIT.
- Secured & Participated 2nd position in Poster Presentation event during CONVERGENCE-2016, National level Technical Symposium organized by Ganpat University, February 2016.
- Won 3rd Prize in Elocution Competition organized by ‘Granthraj Shree Gnaneshwari Seva Pratisthan, Dombiwali’, January 2012.
- Secured 1st Place in Elocution in Science & Technology for Global Sustainability Organized by ‘H’ WARD at B.P.M. High School, Khar (West), November 2008.
- Hima Soni, Akshay Kansara and Tanvi Joshi, “Predictive Maintenance of Gas Turbine Using Prognosis Approach”, International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology on Volume 7 Issue 6, June 2020, e-ISSN: 2395-0056, p-ISSN: 2395-0072.
Technical Software Skills
Programming Languages : C, C++, Core Java, Python
Operating Systems : Windows, Linux, Ubantu
Database System Languages : SQL Server, Oracle 9i, Firebase
Emerging Technologies : Internet of Things (IoT), Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML)
Software Tools & IDEs : Arduino, PLC
Graphics Software Tools : Photoshop
Professional Work Experience
- Ad hoc Assistant Professor in Computer Engineering, S. P. B. Patel Engineering College, Saffrony Institute of Technology – March 2021
- Teaching Assistant, S.P.B. Patel Engineering College, Mehsana (April 2018-August 2020)
Workshops / STTPs / FDPs / Training Programs
- Attended a 6 Day Workshop on ‘Blockchain for Data Privacy and Security’ Organized by CHARUSAT (Changa), April 2019.
- Attended a 6 Day Workshop on ‘Machine Learning & Deep Learning for Data Science and Analytics using NVIDIA Graphics card & GPU Cloud’ Organized by CHARUSAT (Changa), December 2018.
- Attended a One Day National Seminar on ‘Emerging Trends, Issues and Challenges in Machine Learning’ organized by VIT, August 2018.
- Attended a 5 Day Workshop on ‘A Step Ahead with C’ at Saffrony Institute of Technology, June 2018.
- Attended 3 Day National Level Workshop on ‘Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning’ organized by MCWT & CGS, March 2018.
- Attended a 2 Day Workshop on ‘Advanced Raspberry Pi’, July 2016.
- Attended All India Seminar on ‘Internet of Things-Trends that affect lives’ organized by Institution of Engineers (India), January 2016.
- Attended a Workshop on ‘How to Write’ organized by Media Section, GTU, September 2015.
- Attended a 5 Day Workshop on ‘Aspiring Entrepreneurship’ conducted by I-Create India, February 2015.
- Attended ‘Solar and Smart Energy System’ Workshop as a part of Roboversity-IUCEE Challenge at SIT, September 2014.
Key Projects of Students
- ‘Automated Scheduling using Machine Learning resulting in Low Power Consumption & Optimized Human Resources’: For Automation Competition-Mitsubishi Electric Cup 2019.
- ‘Smart Phone Operated Conveyor Belt’: On 360-degree Techfest organized from HI-TECH (In association with IIM Ahmedabad).