Prof. Kamlesh Samadhiya has been in academia and oil field industry. He has been actively involved in co-curricular activities like design and fabrication of All Terrain Vehicle (ATV) for various national and international events like SAE India Baja and Mega ATV Championship. He has been coordinating Industrial Visits and Industrial Trainings for all the departments.
He was the Maintenance In charge and Area In charge at M/s. Vishal Enterprise (Drilling & Work Over O&M Services with ONGC, Mehsana), Mehsana, from 2005 to 2012. His experience covers the handling eight workover rigs, maintenance and operations, staffing, supervision and interacting with ONGC officers. He has also worked at GNFC Bharuch as Shutdown Engineer for a month.
His areas of interest are Automobile Engineering, Automobile Systems, Vehicle Maintenance & Garage Practice, Industrial Engineering, Special Purpose Vehicles, Power Plant Engineering, and Refrigeration & Air Conditioning.
Master of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering, Faculty of Technology & Engineering, Maharaja Sayajirao Unviersity of Baroda, Gujarat, India, 2011
Thesis: Energy Conservation & Energy Audit Of Diesel Power Plant Of Work Over Rig
Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering, Shri U.V.Patel College of Engineering, Ganpat Vidhyanagar, Kherva, Gujarat, India, 2005
Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE)
Society of Automotive Engineers (SAEINDIA)
Professional Work Experience
- Assistant Professor in Mechanical Engineering and Section Head of Automobile Engineering Department, July 2012 to present
- Shutdown Engineer at GNFC Bharuch for a month June 2012
- Area In charge at M/s. Vishal Enterprise from June 2011 to May 2012
- Maintenance In charge at M/s. Vishal Enterprise from May 2007 to June 2010
Workshops / STTPs / FDPs / Training Programs
- Successfully completed NPTEL - FDP Online Course (4 Week) ‘Effective Engineering Teaching in Practice’ Jan-Feb 2019 organized by IIT Madras with Elite Class.
- Successfully completed NPTEL – FDP Online Course (4 Week) ‘Inspection and Quality Control in Manufacturing’ Feb-Mar 2019 organized by IIT Roorkee with Elite Class.
- Visited Auto Expo 2018 at Delhi
- Attended two-week STTP on ‘Two Wheeler Technology’ at L.D.College of Engineering, Ahmedabad from 26th Dec 2017 to 5th Jan 2018.
- Successfully completed NPTEL Online Course (8 Week) ‘Ethics in Engineering Practice’ Aug-Oct 2018 organized by IIT Kharagpur with Elite Class.
- Visited Vibrant Summit held at Gandhinagar on 13th January 2017
- Attended an FDP ‘Talent Nucleus - I’ by Mr. Vanraj Zala, Mr. Anand Pandya and Mr. Kamal Dabawala at Business Park Centre, APTL, Adalaj, Ahmedabad on 4thMarch 2017
- Attended an FDP ‘Talent Nucleus – II’ by Mr. Anand Pandya and Mr. Kamal Dabawala at Aranya Park, Gandhinagar, May 2017
- Organized a one day workshop on ‘Fault Diagnosis of Tata Nano Car’ on 21st August 2017.
- Organized a two-day workshop on ‘Overhauling of MPFI Engines’ on 14thand 15th September 2016.
- Organized a two-day workshop on ‘Technologies of Two and Three Wheelers’ on 6thand 7th October 2015
- Attended an STTP on ‘Advance in Internal Combustion Engines’ at LDRP-ITR, Gandhinagar from 7thto 11th September 2015
- Organized 15 days Training program on ‘Automotive Design and Development’ by Elite Techno Groups, September 2015
- Organized a fifteen days training program on “Automotive Design and Development” by Elite Techno Groups, September, 2015
- Organized 3 days workshop on ‘Automotive Basics & Beyond’ by Mr. Shaan Verma of Carmate, Ahmedabad, September, 2014
- Organized a one day workshop on ‘Demonstration of working of components of automobile engine’ on 18th February, 2014
- Organized a two day workshop on ‘Emerging Technologies in the Field of I.C. Engines and Automobiles’ on 26thto 27th August 2014
- Organized a three day workshop on ‘Automobile Basics and Beyond’ by Mr. Shaan Verma from Carmate, September, 2014
- Attended an STTP on ‘Advance Applications of CAD software’ at S.P.B.Patel Engineering College, Saffrony Institute of Technology from 23rdto 27th June 2014
- Attended Training of Trainers on Entrepreneurship Development at IIT Gandhinagar, from 1stto 5th September 2014
- Attended Faculty Development Program, Series of Sessions by Mr. Kamal Dabawala, from March to June 2014
- Attended Industrial Training at Starline Cars Pvt. Ltd. Authorized Dealer of Maruti Suzuki Car, Mehsana from 9thto 13th June 2014
- Attended Induction Training at S.P.B. Patel Engineering College, Saffrony Institute of Technology, Linch, from 1stto 4th July 2014
- Attended a GUJCOST sponsored one day national seminar on ‘Emerging Trends in Concentrated Solar Technologies’ at GPERI, Mewad on 4th July 2015
- Attended a one-day international workshop on ‘SAE Baja ATV’ by a team of Tennessee Tech University, U.S.A. at College of Engineering, Pune on 10th August 2014.
- Attended International Conference on ‘Design for a Billion’ at IIT Gandhinagar from 7thto 9th November 2014.
- Attended Faculty Development Program by Mr. Deepak Teraiya, August 2013
- Attended an FDP on ‘Improving Teaching Skills’ by Prof. H.G. Rajput on 27th July 2013 at Saffrony Institute of Technology.
- Attended Hydrofracture Pumps, Blender Unit and Data Van Commissioning Training with engineers of Stewart & Stevenson LLC. U.S.A., at Focus Energy Ltd. Jaisalmer, Rajasthan from 11thto 26th June 2010.
- Attended Mines Vocational Training-MVT in O.N.G.C. Mehsana Gujarat India from 21stto 26th January 2008
- Attended Computer Aided Design-AUTOCAD 2K at Industrial Training Institute, Gandhinagar (Gujarat) India from 1st February to 31st July 2002.
Seminars / Expert Talks
- Delivered expert talk on ‘Two Wheelers’ on 17th March 2018 for ISTE Faculty Chapter at Saffrony Institute of Technology.
- Organized expert talk on ‘Automobile system design’ by Prof. Vimal Patel, L.D.College of Engineering, Ahmedabad, September 2015
- Organized expert talk on ‘Industrial Safety’ by Mr. Manish Shah, Manager EHS, Ammann Apollo Industries India Ltd, Mehsana on March 2015
- Organized expert talk on ‘Internal Combustion Engines’ by Prof. A.R.Patel, HOD Mechanical Engg. Dept., LDRP-ITR, Gandhinagar
Key Projects of Students
- Towing mechanism for two-wheelers
- 4X4 steering mechanism
- Railway platform connector bridge mechanism
- Multi-featured motorcycle.
- Mobile Service Station on Two Wheeler.