Prof. Pankajkumar Patel has worked in academia, various companies and non government organizations in Gujarat. He has been in academics, teaching various subjects like Surveying, Building Construction, and Hydrology since 2007. He has more than fifteen years of field experience, which comprises of design, supervision and quality control work of various rural water supply projects, building projects and industrial projects.
Master of Civil Engineering (WRM) , L.D. College of Engineering, Ahmedabad, India, 2011 from Gujarat University
Thesis: Artificial Recharge by using Rain Water Harvesting- A Case Study of a check dam in Dahod District
Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering, Faculty of Engineering And Technology, Baroda, India, 1991 from M .S. University Baroda
- Artificial Recharging of Ground water by using Rain Water Harvesting - A Case Study of District of Gujarat State, national seminar on ‘Sustainable Management And Conservation Of Water Resources’ Kota, Rajasthan, 12-13 March, 2010.
- Artificial Recharging of Ground water by using Rain Water Harvesting, national conference on ‘Current Trend of Research and Development in Civil and Environment Engineering- An Indian Perspective’ SVIT, Vasad, Gujarat, 21-22 January, 2010.
- Artificial Recharging of Ground Water by using Rain Water Harvesting in Semiarid Districts Of Gujarat State, International conference on 'International Perspective On Water Resources And Environment' (IPWE 2011) National University of Singapore, Singapore, 4-6 January, 2011.
Indian Society of Technical Education (ISTE)- Life Member
Technical Software Skills
M S Office
Professional Work Experience
- Assistant Professor S.P.B. Patel Engineering College, Saffrony Institute of Technology from Dec 2007 to present
- Site & Billing. Engineer – Quality Controller Bhavan Construction Private Limited- Baroda, from March 1991 to June 2001
- Technical Resource Person Gujarat Council of Primary Education, Gandhinagar, from July 2001 To Feb 2003.
- Designer & Supervisor American Red cross, Patan, from Nov 2003 to Dec 2004.
- Deputy Manager, Technical WASMO (Water & Sanitation Management Organization), Gandhinagar, from Feb 2005 to Nov 2007.
Workshops / STTPs / FDPs / Training Programs
- Attended a four day Training program on ‘Rainwater Harvesting’ by Center for Science and Environment, New Delhi on 8-11 August, 2005
- Attended a two day ‘Water Management Training Programme’ conducted by Central Ground Water Board West Central Region Ahmedabad & Central Ground Water Authority at Chousala, Dist. Dahod on 20-21 March 2006
- Attended a one day Workshop on World Water Day-2010 at WRM Centre, Civil Engineering, D. College of Engineering, Ahmedabad, India
- Attended a three day workshop on Training of Teacher on Infrastructure Software- Water GEMS, Sewer GEMS & Storm CAD held on 13-15 July 2011 at CEPT University.
- Attended a two day workshop on ‘Patenting in Engineering’ organized by GTU, Ahmedabad, on 11-12 February, 2012 at Sankalchand Patel College of Engineering, Visnagar.
Seminars / Expert Talks
- Organized a National conference ‘Advanced Technology in Civil Engineering’ held on 8th -9th March, 2013
- Attended a two day National Seminar on ‘Remedial Measure for Ground Water Depletion and Recharge Methodology’ organized by GPERI, Mevad, Mehsana on 20-21 December 2013